viernes, 14 de octubre de 2016

FIFTH CLASS OBSERVATION

October 1st   2016

Level: Module 9-Reading

UNIT: 6B

Objective: Reading about “The Truth about Great Whites.”



  The class was started by Karla making the game “Simon said” she made two teams, and requested one volunteer for each team in order that they brought the thing that Karla said, students enjoying the game.


This is the last Saturday for the module number 9 and it was missing one unit, I was in charge of teaching, I was nervous because they might think that it was not such important, that why I tried to make the activities interactive. First, I requested to students to make the activity in page 91, one student was reading the sentences and other the answers. 

 I presented the vocabulary using memory game, in two teams students had to look the same two images to get point. In addition, those flashcard had a breath explanation, if they said the meaning they got 2 point, I might notice that they understood the new vocabulary and enjoying the activity. Then, aloud students were answered the vocabulary question in page 95, I gave the opportunity to compare however they were making noise that why I changed that part and compared the answers aloud. 

In reading stage requested students to scanning the text to look for those words they did know, when I clarify those words I let students to read the text in pairs. In addition, they had to write a sentence which resumed each paragraph at the beginning they were confused but I notice some of them working properly and making faster. When they finished some pairs shared aloud their sentences after they completed the exercise in the book for the comprehension. 

To verify information for the text I requested to students to make true and false statements in order to make a debate, girls teams were asking to boys teams their statements, girls showed a better comprehension of the text and they were the winner. At the beginning I told him they were getting point in the activities and because boy wins the activity for the vocabulary, I organized a short activity for tiebreaker I was showing a flashcards about the vocabulary and they had to say the meaning to get a point, girls team was the winner.After that, students finished the class sharing pizza.

1 comentario:

  1. Hello Roxana. I wonder if you consider the objectie of your lesson was achieved; you mentioned that at the beginning of this class you were afraid they might not be interested in the activities, could you share your own perception and conclusion about it?

    ResponderEliminar